2 1/2 lbs medium yams, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp 100% orange juice
3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
2. Arrange yams in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Season evenly with salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, vegan butter, and maple syrup. Whisk to blend.
4. Pour orange juice mixture over yams and stir/toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Bake yams, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes or until fork tender.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb green beans, trimmed (about 4 cups)
1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add green beans and garlic. Season with salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add water; cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
4. Remove lid; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until water evaporates.
5. Add lemon juice. Serve immediately.
1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
1 broccoli head, cut into florets
(optional) Pinch pink Himalayan salt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C) and ready a .
2. Place cauliflower on baking sheet that has been lightly coated with spray and season with salt if desired.
4. Bake for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
5. While cauliflower is cooking, bring almond milk to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
6. Add cheese, pumpkin, and mustard and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until well blended.
7. Add cauliflower and mix well.
8. Pour cauliflower mixture into 13x9x2-inch casserole dish that has been lightly coated with spray.
9. Top with bread crumbs.
10. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
9″ pie crust
1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C).
2. Combine milk, vanilla extract, and ground flaxseed in blender, mix and let stand for 15 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into crust.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Then reduce oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) for 60 minutes or until filling is set.
5. Let cool and then refrigerate overnight.
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.
This recipe is exceptional on a cold day, but I’ll be honest. I could eat it all the time. Haha! It’s a crowd pleaser, and it’s pretty simple! There are a few steps, but nothing’s too complicated. You can have it on the table fast, and you can save some for leftovers for the next day. You could even batch-cook this. It’s a great recipe, and I hope you try it! 🙂