Nearly every single day, I make a golden milk latte. No coffee for me though, so it’s basically turmeric and other spices and adaptogens in the walnut/pepitas milk I make (1/2 cup walnuts/pepitas combined, 6 cups water, 12 medjool dates – blend) or my homemade cashew milk. But I thought I’d make it a little easier on myself by making a premade mix so I didn’t have to open up all of my spices and containers each time.
You know I’m all about food prepping these days, so it made sense to simplify this too. 🙂
I make about 40 oz of milk and store it in separate jars so I have just enough to make a single serving each day. Then I put 3 teaspoons of this mix into about 16 oz of milk and blend with my Magic Bullet. But you can always use 2 tablespoons for the whole 40 oz of milk and store that in jars as well. Up to you!
If you like golden milk like I do, check out my other recipes! The Original Golden Milk Latte, Chocolate Golden Milk Smoothie, Golden Milk Latte Cookies, Baked Golden Milk Oatmeal, Pumpkin Spice Golden Milk Latte, and Hot Chocolate Golden Milk Latte. I hope you enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe! Comment below, rate it, or take a photo and tag me @fruitsohard or #fruitsohard on Instagram. I’d love to see your creations. And don’t forget to cultivate some positivity and gratitude today. Tell me in the comments what you’re grateful for if you’d like. Vibe high, my friends!
A premade golden milk mix that'll be ready every single time your craving for a yummy, creamy latte arises!
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice*
- 1/2 tsp black pepper** (or less if you're worried about the taste - see note)
- (optional) 2 tbsp maca***
- (optional) 1 tbsp lion's mane***
- (optional) 1 tbsp moringa***
Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix to combine. Store in an air-tight container.
Blend 2-3 tsp into 16 oz of milk. Gently heat on the stove until it reaches your desired temperature or pour over ice and enjoy cold.
- *Here's a link for pumpkin pie spice in case you don't have a premade blend.
- **I prefer less black pepper, but some is necessary to help make the turmeric the most bioavailable when consumed. If you're not concerned with that, feel free to add very little or skip it altogether.
- ***For the optional ingredients, use what you have, but taste may vary. I prefer this without lion's mane, but the benefits of it make it work putting it in there. If you want to use less of each to start, that's fine, though maca has a very pleasant taste in this compared to the other two.
- This could be used in other ways, like adding it into a muffin, pancake, or waffle batters. You could even use it for this baked oatmeal recipe. The sky is the limit!